Z-LASIK IS DIFFERENT!
Z-LASIK offers many advantages that lead to better results:
- Z-LASIK has an extremely low impact on the eye: The procedure takes only a few minutes per eye. The time the laser is in contact with the eye is reduced to a minimum.
- Z-LASIK is comfortable and painless: head is not fixed during the procedure.
- Z-LASIK helps in severe cases: Thanks to the extremely high frequency of the laser pulses, the layers of the cornea are separated with unprecedented precision, creating an ultra-thin flap. Z-LASIK is therefore effective in patients who were previously not candidates for laser surgery, including those patients with extreme myopia or thin corneas.
- No inflammation: The laser energy used for Z-LASIK is 100 times less powerful than with other laser procedures. This is more gentle to the corneal tissue and prevents temporary inflammatory reactions of the eye.
- Fast result: The recovery period is shorter than for other techniques. Visual improvement is noticeable within a few hours.
- Fewer side effects: Z-LASIK enables the surgeon to enlarge the treatment zone. This reduces the risk of undesirable side effects such as dry eyes, deteriorated night vision, or haloes (rings of light that surround point sources of light).